Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Week one is completed


Hi Everyone,

 Sorry it has taken me so long to post again, I have been out and there have been a few storms so I didn’t have internet. I am finally getting used to the humidity here and it doesn’t seem so unbearable. There’s no such thing as dry skin here, it is like a sauna most of the time. I went to the bank the other day and it was air conditioned, Eva and I both rejoiced. I never thought I would get excited about air conditioning but I did.

I went kayaking for the first time and I surprisingly didn’t fall in. During the kayaking I got to see a jellyfish and they are awesome to observe. Since I have been here I have seen 3 scorpions, and killed one baby tarantula. I have seen a few iguanas and crab as well. Belize is very pretty but home to many animals and insects that freak me out. Eva and I decided to try fishing and we caught a few small fish but nothing big enough to eat. We want to catch a big fish before we leave!

Eva and I have met a lot of really nice people here and they are all very friendly. People here do not mind talking and they love the conversation and time. Everything in Belize is done at a relaxed pace, I don’t think we have run into anyone that was stressed or high strung. I am starting to get used to the relaxed pace. Fast food does not exist here and it is almost weird not to see a McDonalds or Burger King around but it is nice to have a break from that as well.

I don’t have any pictures to show you right now but I should have some the next time I post. Stay tuned and thanks for reading!
- Chelsea =]

No comments:

Post a Comment